$29.99 per person for 9am, 10am, 1pm, 2:30pm departures.
$31.99 for 3pm and 6pm departures
Are you visiting the Disneyland Resort or Southern California for the first time and have a few extra days? Are you a local and have yet to go whale watching? Here is a great way to explore the ocean and some of its amazing creatures. You can hop aboard a 65-foot (20-meter) whale-watching boat for a fantastic adventure off the Orange County coast! During your whale-watching cruise, learn fascinating details about California sea life from the crew, and enjoy the Pacific Coast scenery. Year-round whale-watching cruises like this one are rare, so don’t miss this chance to see giant blue, finback, grey, minke and humpback whales, along with other marine life like dolphins, on this 2.5-hour tour from Newport Beach.
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out
Round up your family and friends and set off on this 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise from Newport Beach. On a 65-foot (20-meter) boat, you’ll cruise down the Orange County coastline, watching for several varieties of whales, dolphins and other marine life.The coastal waters provide the calm conditions that attract these impressive mammals.
This whale-watching tour is available year-round, and depending on the season you travel, different whales may be in the area. Giant blue whales like to visit in the summer and fall months. These whales are the largest mammals ever seen in existence, usually growing to approximately 200 tons (180 metric tons) and 98 feet (30 meters) in length! You may also see grey whales, which can live up to 70 years. Finback whales are also common in the summer months; they are the second-largest mammals after blue whales, and they grow to up to 72 feet (22 meters).
During the winter and spring months, you’ll typically see minke and humpback whales. The minke whale is one of the world’s smallest whales, only growing to about 23 feet (7 meters). The beloved humpback whale can grow to be about 52 feet (16 meters). Both whales love krill, and they ‘fluke’ (slap) their tails on the water in order to bring the krill up to the surface. Humpbacks are a very curious breed of whales and are often referred to as ’friendlies’ by sailors because they love to come up to ships.
Keep your eyes peeled for other marine life like seals, sea lions and several types of dolphins. Your friendly and knowledgeable captain and crew all come from strong backgrounds in marine biology and will be able to answer all your questions.
- Newport Harbor
Newport Beach, California
November to April
- Monday to Friday – 10am and 1pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 9am
May to October
- Daily- 10am, 1pm, 3pm and 6pm
- Returns to original departure point
- 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- $3 fuel surcharge per infant age 3 years and younger due on date of travel. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Outside alcohol, ice chests, coolers or glass containers are strictly prohibited.
- Vessel may change depending on availability.
- Please note: there is a $3 fuel surcharge per infant age 3 years and younger due on date of travel. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.